Return to News
New Milford Hospital Offers Fee Based Integrative Medicine Community Services
New Milford Hospital now offers fee-based Integrative Medicine (IM) Services to members of the community. New Milford Hospital's IM program, which is currently available to patients, combines therapies such as Reflexology, Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy and Therapeutic Touch with conventional treatments to achieve and maintain the best health possible. New Milford Hospital is pleased that the program has been expanded to further serve its community.
IM focuses on caring for the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. Studies indicate that people who participate in IM programs realize more profound health benefits. For example, IM practices such as meditation and deep breathing exercises are highly effective tools in stress reduction.
The following IM services are now available at reasonable rates to the community, and take place in the New Milford Hospital Center for Sleep Medicine located on the 2nd floor, above the staff/Elm Street entrance.
- Acupuncture –A treatment which involves delicately inserting or manipulating fine needles at key, specific points on the body in order to regulate the body’s flow of energy. Acupuncture is offered on Mondays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fee is $55 per hour. To make an appointment or for more information, call Jessica Ifshin, Lic., Ac., Dipl.OM at 619-253-5539.
- Reflexology & Massage Therapy – Reflexology is the physical act of applying specific pressures using thumb, finger and hand techniques on the foot and hand resulting in stress reduction. A primary benefit of reflexology is relaxation. Message Therapy is the scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body to improve the flow of blood and lymph (fluid in Lymph Glands) and reduces muscular tension or flaccidity. Massage therapy affects the nervous system through stimulation or sedation, and enhances tissue healing. Reflexology or Massage Therapy is offered on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fee for Reflexology is $25 for 30 minutes; Massage Therapy is $45 for 45 minutes. To make an appointment or for more information, contact Gabriele Cronin, LMT at 860-309-3306, ext. 35044.
- Therapeutic Touch - During a Therapeutic Touch session, the hands of the practitioner are moved gently through the energy field, about 2-3 inches away from the body. Physical touch does not need to occur. This interaction tends to reestablish balance and healthy energy flow while it awakens one’s own natural healing ability. Then the energy field is restored to normalcy, the body and mind tend to follow. Therapeutic Touch therapy is offered on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Fee is $22 per 30 minutes session. To make an appointment or for more information, call Marcia Engle, QTTP at (203) 376-2703, ext. 35045.
- Hypnotherapy – Serving patients mainly in One-Day Surgery, New Milford Hospital’s experienced practitioner works with each patient individually by understanding her/his unique frame of reference and perspective on hospital care, or his/her life in general. Using a variety of techniques, including a self-hypnosis breathing strategy and personalized imagery, the practitioner supports the patient along a personal patch designed to elicit a sense of relaxed well-being and comfort while minimizing pain, stress and anxiety. This program also offers strategies for chronic pain management. Hypnotherapy is offered on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Fee is $40 per 30-minute session. To make an appointment or for more information, call Alexandra Chalif, MS, MP, at (203) 910-7878.
- Kripala Yoga/Meditation – Certified Kripalu Yoga instructor Lisa Marie Lee offers gentle Kripalu-style yoga with an emphasis on breathing and stretching to release chronic pain, tension and holding patterns in the body. This modality is ideal for those who are curious about yoga or simply looking for a way to unwind and reconnect. 60-minute yoga sessions are offered on Tuesdays for private or small group sessions from 11:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Fee is $60 per hour. To make an appointment or for more information call Lisa Marie Lee at (860) 614-1737.
Payment (by credit card) for IM Services must be made at least 24 hours prior to the appointment at the New Milford Hospital Gift Shop located on the Main Floor at the Hospital or by calling (860) 210-5349. There is a 24-hour cancellation policy.
About Western Connecticut Health Network
Western Connecticut Health Network is the region's premier, patient-centered health care organization serving residents of Western Connecticut and adjacent New York. As a University teaching organization, WCHN is anchored by two nationally recognized hospitals, Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital. WCHN offers a full continuum of care through its system of affiliated organizations that provide innovative preventative, primary and specialty care as well as home care.
The Western Connecticut Health Network Foundation's fundraising campaign - Imagine Build Transform - is focusing on raising funds for a new Patient Tower, an expanded Emergency Department with Level II trauma designation, and an advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Danbury Hospital; as well as the Emergency Department at New Milford Hospital, and the Network's cutting edge Biomedical Research Institute.
For more information, visit WesternConnecticutHealthNetwork.org, DanburyHospital.org; NewMilfordHospital.org and share your comments with us at Facebook.com/DanburyHospital or Facebook.com/NewMilfordHospital.
Date posted - 08/13/2013