Visiting New Milford Hospital
We recognize that visits with your family and friends are important, so visiting hours are as free of restrictions as we can make them. Changes to the stated hours may be made based on the medical needs of the patient, their roommate or unusual circumstances identified by the medical or nursing staff
11 am - 8 pm
Children are permitted to visit on these floors with an adult. For babies less than 18 months, please consult the nursing staff.
Please note: For those individuals receiving hospice services, visiting hours are not restricted.
Intensive Care Unit/Critical Care Unit
Visits are limited to members of the immediate family. To provide you with adequate time for rest and treatments, family members are asked to limit visits.
There is a waiting room for your family and friends to use while you are in surgery or intensive care. Your visitors are also welcome to use the main lobby on the first floor.
We request that visitors observe certain guidelines for our patients' comfort and recovery, and that of any roommate.
Visiting hours begin at 11 am and end at 8 pm.
- Patients are permitted two visitors at a time.
- Our campus is smoke-free. Please do not smoke on the hospital grounds or in our buildings.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during treatments or examinations.
- Children are permitted to visit with an adult. For babies less than 18 months, consult the nursing staff.
- Patients classified as "isolation" will have visiting hours restricted to their immediate family only. Exceptions can be authorized by the attending physician on a case-by-case basis. Check with the nurses' station before entering a room identified with an isolation sign.
- Patients who want visitors limited should notify their nurse who will post a sign on the door.